Patient Service Representative Medicare III Full Time 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Patient Service Representative Medicare III
Category: Patient Accounting
Schedule: Full Time 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Reports To: Patient Accounting Supervisor
- The PSR III B performs follow-up to all duties relative to the patient account with HMO's, PPO's government and third party payor coverage ensuring prompt and accurate payments.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal, Commercial HMO/PPO billing guidelines and collection follow-up.
- Managed Care billing and collection laws and regulations. Familiarity with managed care contracts and reimbursement.
- Ability to work independently, and do timely follow up on aged receivables and utilize problem solving skills to get claims paid.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in acute hospital setting.
- Must have good communication, telephone and good customer service skills.
- Must be able to take instructions and follow through appropriately.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8530-5018-B