Senior Systems Engineer, IT Temp. (On-Site) 7:30AM - 4:30PM
Position Name: Senior Systems Engineer
Category: Support Department IT
Schedule: Temp 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage and support the build, upgrade, and maintenance of the organization’s email and VMWare environments. This includes the management and migration of a hybrid Exchange environment to Exchange Online, the upgrade of VMware and hosts, and the build and migration of clinical and business applications to supported versions of Microsoft Windows Server. This role will include both operational tasks and project activities.
- Working knowledge of Service Desk ticketing systems and ticket assignment, tracking, and closure.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and its interaction with Active Directory, preferably in a Hybrid environment with Exchange Online
- Experience with HP StoreOnce and 3Par preferred
- Working knowledge of Exchange Online and of Exchange Hybrid designs and operations
- Experience managing Office 365 using PowerShell
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory design and implementation options and understanding of active directory sync into Azure AD
- Experience with Group Policy Management
- Experience with Windows DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019
- Experience and strong understanding of File and Storage Services, including Distributed File System (DFS) Replication and Namespace management
- Experience with Microsoft Windows automation scripting with PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Experience with managing work tasks via tools such as JIRA and ServiceNow
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent client-facing skills with the ability to thrive in a critical environment
- Attention to detail, strong follow-through skills, and dependable
- Must have excellent customer-facing listening and communication skills, have attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and follow-through.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- BA or BS degree preferred or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- Certifications preferred
- 5 or more years experience in providing server build, deployment, support, and upgrades.
- Health IT or highly regulated environment preferred
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
Work Arrangement Requirements
- Will be assigned to an on-call rotation and may be required to work off-hour shifts
- Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 8480-1271-A